We combine deep qualitative analysis by our team of investment specialists with powerful quantitative analysis from our proprietary software to inform an unconstrained approach for strong, risk-adjusted returns.
Main purpose of the role:
Responsibility for security screening, research and selection of global bonds.
Richard Gray, Head of Investment Management
- Assess creditworthiness of existing and prospective credit investments
- Examine financial information and credit history for borrowers by creating financial models and critically examining third party research
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flows analyses and create stress tests and valuation scenarios
- Deliver a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner
- Determine the risk assessment of individual companies and documenting those in a written statement based on guidelines provided
- Proactively screen markets and engage with other market participants to find suitable investment ideas
- Routinely monitor bonds for compliance with covenants and investment case
- Prepare ad hoc work on for other team members including marketing, sales and operations
- Assist in constructing and monitoring portfolios based on portfolio manager’s oversight
- Proactively, set up meetings, conference calls or events with other market participants, sell side analysts, company management teams to enhance Dolfin’s understanding about its investments
Education, Skills & Experience
- University degree, preferably in business or related field
- Demonstrable in-depth experience and understanding within professional investment environment, preferably in global equities
- Ability to analyse business models with a long-term mindset
- Past roles demonstrate an experience of working in a small team environment with an emphasis on frequent and informal communication and personal responsibility and quality
- Strong communication skills (oral, aural and written) with both internal and external parties
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions, with experience through different investment cycles preferred (UK and/or internationally)
Our clients deserve the best and the same goes for our people. That’s why at Dolfin you’ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible operating framework and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.