We combine deep qualitative analysis by our team of investment specialists with powerful quantitative analysis from our proprietary software to inform an unconstrained approach for strong, risk-adjusted returns.
Purpose of job
A fantastic Head Of Operations Manager role has opened up at Dolfin. The successful candidate will be responsible/go-to person for the day to day processes and procedures surrounding Dolfin’s depositary, custody and brokerage business. The role requires a mix of day to day tasks as well as strategic project work.
Chief Executive Officer in Malta
This is a great role for an experienced Operations expert with strong technical and people skills to develop and lead on delivering the operations plans in a fast paced and growing organisation. You will play a key role in the company, working closely with trading, legal & compliance and business development teams in Malta and London (HQ).
- Daily monitoring of client transactions, production and review of P&L and Exposure reports
- Managing day to day issues and acting as a point of contact for Trading, Investment Management, Sales and other senior management
- In charge of the Depositary services to collective investment schemes and the Custody business for professional and retail clients.
- In charge of Oversight function within the Depositary services.
- Main point of contact for clients and in charge of delivery of reports at client board of directors’ meetings
- Assist Management with proposals for prospective clients and in charge of client on-boarding for Depositary and Custody business.
- Key technical point of contact for industry stakeholders on depositary and custody services including, including attendance at key networking events
- Managing operational processes across client accounts: trade booking, settlement, reconciliations, P&L calculations and fee monitoring
- First point of contact for queries, problems etc. relating to trades
- Post-trade order processing including subsequent allocations, settlements instructions and trade confirmations within the Investment Management System to ensure timely and accurate bookings
- General data maintenance and adhering to a strong compliance culture within the firm.
- Assisting with the production and review of regular and ad-hoc client reports (Valuation, Transactions etc.)
- Working with Counterparties to ensure timely and accurate bookings
- Proactively participating in ongoing systems and process development, enhancement and stress-testing
- Maintaining operational procedures and updating when necessary
- Project managing ad-hoc projects within Depositary and Custody Operations
- Ensure controls are maintained and the daily task checklist is up to date
Skills & abilities
Excellent project management
A good team player, capable of leading in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality
Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts
Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business
7+ years’ experience gained within a middle/back office environment, ideally within Wealth Management or Hedge Fund
Strong academic record in Finance or business studies degree
Confident and self-sufficient
Entrepreneurial with a desire to be accountable and make a difference
Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties that may change at short notice
Genuine passion for operations, finance and technology
Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention
Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail