We combine deep qualitative analysis by our team of investment specialists with powerful quantitative analysis from our proprietary software to inform an unconstrained approach for strong, risk-adjusted returns.
Purpose of job
A fantastic Investment Operations Officer role has opened up at Dolfin. The role will support the expanding business in the Malta office The successful candidate will be involved in managing the trade cycle, maintaining static data as well as ad hoc project work.
Head of Custody in Malta
Currently no direct reports
Candidate will gain valuable finance experience in a wide range of products, working within a small team. The role will provide potential for growth within the business in Malta, and have exposure to the Dolfin group’s technology platforms.
- First point of contact for queries, problems etc. relating to trades
- Post-trade order processing including subsequent allocations, settlements instructions and trade confirmations within the Investment Management System to ensure timely and accurate bookings
- Daily production and review of P&L and Exposure reports
- Assisting with the production and review of regular and ad-hoc client reports (Valuation, Transactions etc.)
- Perform daily reconciliations on trades, positions and cash balances between internal and external systems and remedy any breaks
- Working with Counterparties to ensure timely and accurate bookings
- Dealing with client enquiries, confirming flows with counterparts and processing payments
- General data maintenance and adhering to a strong compliance culture within the firm.
- Proactively participating in ongoing systems and process development, enhancement and stress-testing
- Maintaining operational procedures and updating when necessary
- Ensure controls are maintained and the daily task checklist is up to date
Skills & abilities
Excellent project management
Previous role in an operations environment, ideally within the Hedge Fund or wealth management sector
Strong academic record in Finance or business studies degree
Confident and self-sufficient
Entrepreneurial with a desire to be accountable and make a difference
Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties that may change at short notice
Genuine passion for operations, finance and technology
Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention
Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail