Authorised and regulated by the UK’s FCA to provide investment accounts, we are bound by CASS rules to segregate and protect client assets.
Purpose of job
We are looking for an experienced financial services lawyer to take a leading role in our in-house legal team. As well as expertise in financial services matters, some experience in other areas of law covered by the legal team (for example, investment funds, corporate transactional work, IT/IP and contractual matters) would be welcome. Previous work in an in-house environment would be desirable, but is not essential.
- Senior member of in-house legal team, and acting as deputy to the head of legal.
- Dealing with all categories of legal matters affecting the Dolfin group and referred to the legal team.
- Advising Dolfin management on legal matters.
- Reviewing and advising on client-related documentation, relationships with counter-parties and commercial agreements.
- Advising on financial services regulatory matters affecting companies in the Dolfin group and ensuring that relevant regulatory developments are brought to the attention of Dolfin management.
- Providing legal support in relation to investment funds, M&A and capital markets transactions, corporate restructuring, corporate governance, IT/IP matters and contentious matters.
- Responsibility for reviewing and keeping up-to-date the legal team’s suite of template legal agreements and other standard documentation.
- Supervision of the legal team’s company secretarial responsibilities.
- Responsibility for GDPR compliance and implementation.
- Supervision and training of the legal team’s trainee and paralegal.
- Management of relationships with external law firms.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ pqe.
- Good experience in the financial services group of a law firm or the in-house legal team of a financial institution.
- Must be able to work independently in the legal team’s core areas of responsibility.
- Sound knowledge of the FCA handbook.
- Confidence to advise senior management.
- Adaptability, and readiness to deal with legal matters outside principal areas of experience.
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and willingness to work in a small team.
- Some Russian language skills would be helpful, but are not essential.
- A sense of humour.
Our clients deserve the best and the same goes for our people. That’s why at Dolfin you’ll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible operating framework and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.