We combine deep qualitative analysis by our team of investment specialists with powerful quantitative analysis from our proprietary software to inform an unconstrained approach for strong, risk-adjusted returns.
Purpose of job
A fantastic role has opened up at Dolfin for our office in Malta for a multi-asset execution trader. The successful candidate will be responsible/go-to person for the overall day to day processes and procedures surrounding the processing and settlement of client and fund orders. The role requires a mix of day to day tasks related to the trading operation as well as strategic project work.
Head of Trading in Malta
This is a great role for an experienced multi-asset execution trader with strong technical and people skills to develop and lead on delivering the operations plans in a growing organisation. You will play a key role in the company, working in a small team tasked with processing orders from clients and the Investment Management team.
- Carry out Start of Day and End of Day checks.
- Ensure controls are maintained and the daily task checklist is up to date
- Daily production of P&L and Exposure reports.
- Facilitate the execution of the multi asset order flow.
- Managing day to day issues and acting as a point of contact for Clients, Investment Management, Sales and CRMs.
- Build and develop relationships with clients and other market participants.
- First point of contact for queries, problems etc. related to trading operations.
- Assist with post-trade order processing queries, including subsequent allocations, settlements instructions and trade confirmations within the Investment Management System to help ensure timely and accurate bookings.
- General data maintenance and adhering to a strong compliance culture within the firm.
- Assist with any Sales and Marketing initiatives to promote the firm’s brokerage offering.
- Continued development of processes and procedures to help refine the firm’s trading function.
- Project managing ad-hoc projects within the front office.
Skills & abilities
Communication and negotiation skills
A good team player, capable of working in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality
Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts
Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business
4+ years’ experience gained within a middle/front office, multi-asset environment, ideally within the Hedge Fund or wealth management sector
Academic record in Finance or business studies degree
Confident and self-sufficient
Entrepreneurial with a desire to be accountable and make a difference
Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties that may change at short notice
Genuine passion for operations, finance and technology
Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention
Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail